Champaign County Party Platform
Here in the Land of Lincoln, home of the nation’s first Republican President, the Champaign County Republican Party (CCGOP) stands today for the same core values based on freedom and democracy that Lincoln first proposed.
Champaign County can boast having some of the richest farmland in the world, outstanding higher educational opportunities, including one of the premier research universities in the country, top-tier health care facilities, and a diverse range of cultural and economic opportunities. The CCGOP seeks to improve the lives of all Champaign County residents based on the following values:
WE BELIEVE in limited government
- Government Should Only Perform Those Functions That Cannot Be Done By Individuals And Private Organizations.
- Government Should Avoid Unduly Interfering With Free Enterprise And Free Markets, Allowing Local Businesses To Stay Competitive.
WE BELIEVE in fiscal responsibility
- Government Must Be Accountable To Taxpayers And Act In A Responsible And Transparent Manner.
- Government Should Have A Built-In Bias Toward Lowering Taxes, Allowing Citizens To Keep More Of What They Earn.
WE BELIEVE in fairness under the law, regardless of economic or social status
- Government Should Ensure Fair And Equal Access To Its Institutions, Such As Schools And The Courts.
- Government Should Ensure That An Excellent Education Is Available To Every Child And Supported By All.
WE BELIEVE that private-property rights are the foundation of individual freedoms
- Government Should Defer To The Owners When Considering The Stewardship Of Property.
- Government Should Exercise Eminent Domain Only With Extreme Caution.